Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Reed's Adventure Room

 
My idea for Reed's room came after finding fabric patterns on Etsy.com. Once I had a start I couldn't stop, idea after idea just came flooding in and I got to crafting. 
 
First came his name for the wall above the crib. Seeing the letters on PotteryBarn.com for $75 each I was thankful Reed had a short name! I thought it would be worth a shot to try and make the letters myself first. I found letters at Hobby Lobby on the clearance aisle.
 
 Since Polka Dot letters dont't really go with our theme I started by painting them with a textured tan spray paint.
 Next I cut P11 board into smaller panels then painted them a dark brown
Hanging the final prodcut was found to be harder than expected, but I got it done!

 
POTTERY BARN letters
 
The no sew TeePee was super easy using only 3 PVC pipes, a painters drop cloth, and some rope and screws.
I found directions here:
 

The arrows were super simple with the help of my husband and his table saw.
Simple build and stain then hang.

Simple soft furnishings including a fur pillow, handmade vinyl canvas, dark wicker baskets, and my favorite 5x7 navy and white Aztec rug from WALMART for $25.


No comments:

Post a Comment